Surprising Non-Dental Uses for Toothpaste
Toothpaste is our go-to solution for dental problems like bad breath and plaque buildup, but the average tube of toothpaste can do so much more. Here are a few non-dental toothpaste hacks that your Spring Lake dentist won’t tell you about.
- Clean tarnished silver– Rub a little toothpaste on a piece of tarnished silver and bring back the shine.
- Clear up foggy headlights– Rubbing cloudy or foggy headlights with toothpaste will clear the problem up right away.
- Clean dingy piano keys– You can clean the keys of a piano with toothpaste to make them spotless again.
- Shoe shine– A small dab of toothpaste can remove dirt and bring the shine back to your favorite shoes.
- Keep swim goggles clear– Wiping the lenses of your swim goggles will keep them clear and prevent them from fogging up.
- Remove water stains on furniture– Water stains on wood furniture can be eliminated and the surface can be restored to like-new conditions simply by rubbing the area with toothpaste.
- Clean an ink-stained t-shirt– Apply a dab of toothpaste to the stain and let it dry. When you wash the shirt the next day, you will notice that the ink has vanished.
- Mosquito bites– Relieve the swelling and itching from a bug bite by rubbing a dab of toothpaste on the bump.
- Spot-treat a pimple– Control an acne outbreak by applying a small dab of toothpaste to the pimple and let it dry overnight.
- Clean and polish the iron– Remove burned residue and clean the underside of your iron by rubbing it with a dab of toothpaste and a soft cloth.
Many of the same properties that makes toothpaste perfect for cleaning your teeth also makes it great for cleaning and shining other items as well. From stain removal to polishing, toothpaste can serve lots of other interesting purposes. Also, don’t forget to schedule your next appointment with a Spring Lake dentist today.